Acceptance of the Terms of Service
Welcome to Newbie Academy! (a.k.a. “me” or “I” or the “Company”). The following terms and conditions (together with any documents referred to in them) (collectively, these “Terms of Service”) apply to your use of newbieacademy.com, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through Newbie Academy.com (the “Website”).
We want to keep our relationship with you as lean and informal as possible, but please read the Terms of Service carefully before you start to use the site. By using the Website you accept and agree to be bound and abide by these Terms of Service.
Should you disagree with some of the provisions herein, you can either leave the website, or contact me at megan (at) newbieacademy (dot) com. Newbie Academy is all about working together to learn beginner technology, so any thoughts or feeback you have are warmly welcomed.
Changes to the Terms of Service
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by the Newbie Academy, its licensors or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
You must not copy, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, any of the material on this site. You may link to any page or course offered on this website.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms of Service. You agree not to use the Website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local and international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with the Content Standards set below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company or a Company employee, another user, or person or entity (including, without limitation, the use of e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
If you believe that any Content violates your copyright, please email me at megan (at) newbieacademy (dot) com so we can sort things out quickly!
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. I do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. I disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitations of Liability and Indemnification.
Your use of Newbie Academy is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. In particular, you acknowledge that technical support is only provided in only available via email, in English; and that some links are affiliate links., and Newbie Academy takes no responsibility for experiences or results had with 3rd party vendors.
We do not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the service will be corrected.
You expressly understand and agree that Newbie Academy shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Newbie Academy has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the products or services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.
Newbie Academy is based in the province of Quebec, Canada.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms of Service and any dispute or claim arising out of, or related to, them, their subject matter or their formation (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Province of Quebec without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms of Service or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the provincial courts of Quebec. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you other courts and to venue in such courts.
Pricing and Refund Policy
All sales of products and services offered by NewbieAcademy are final unless otherwise stated in sales information or on checkout pages.
Prices are in USD.
Why USD if you are in Canada?
As an online business owner the vast majority of the services and software’s, fees and training I pay for are from the Unites States, and I pay in USD. As the majority of users of this site are also from the Unites States, and most payment processors allow for only one currency, all transactions are in USD.
Waiver and Severability
Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Newbie Academy and govern your use of the service, superseding any prior agreements (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service). If any provision of these Terms of Service is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms of Service will continue in full force and effect.
I welcome any comment, question and communication at megan (at) NewbieAcademy (dot) com